Our last assignment for Jewellery 2 was to create a limited production line of jewellery.
The intention for this project is to give us an idea of what it is like to create production pieces, starting with designing a prototype - and then once the design had been tweaked - we then had to make 9 versions of the design.
|Prototype of my pendant design|
I was a little apprehensive at having to make 9 identical pieces, however once I got into the swing of things, I realised that there was a method to making on a larger scale. And I really enjoyed it.
Along with developing the prototype I also had to undertake some experiments on how to seal in the green patina so that it didn't rub off on the wearer. I started off with a clear matt enamel spray on the domes, but I felt that they needed to be shiny so I then experimented with a clear enamel.
I was having so much fun with the design that I also created matching earrings.
Here are the pendants all lined up waiting to be attached to handmade copper chain. They turned into an army of stick insects!
I totally forgot to take a picture of the pendant attached to the chain before I handed them in, so Ill have to share that with you in the new year when I get the marked pieces back.