Thursday 27 March 2014

The Drive: Animation

Well, here it is.....


the final version of 'The Drive'..... my animation project that combines a whole lot of animation techniques including stop animation (using frame by frame hand drawn images) which was inspired by some of the three dimensional sculptures I created using antique kitchen utensils; and rotoscoping (creating a moving image by drawing directly over the top of existing moving footage) which were then collaged onto some footage I had captured on a foggy drive to work one wintery morning.

Set to the tune 'Love Like a Sunset Part 1' by Phoenix I also blended a whole lot of different sounds (thanks to www.freesound.org - a great website where you can download and use sounds for free) to further animate my hand drawn creations.

The creation of animation has been described as 'moving at a glacial pace' and I have to agree that it is very time consuming. It is also a lot of fun, and no doubt I will be incorporating more animation in my future art projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails