Friday 22 July 2011

Scarves and unfinished projects

I have been inspired to complete some of my unfinished projects by a friend who posted an entry on her blog about the same thing 'Finish it up Friday' . She wrote a list of all her unfinished projects, and every friday has to post an update of the projects she has finished.

Well, recently I unearthed some beautiful handspun and dyed wool from Wool Dancer I bought about this time last year. Her wools are aptly described as art yarn - and they are truly beautiful and unique.

Inspired, I decided to finish them and this is what they look like.....


I made up the pattern as I went, one was knitted using 1cm knitting needles... 15 stitches wide and about 49cm long.

I just love the soft colours in this - the wool is also incredibly soft too - like being wrapped in cloud....


The other one was crochet using a 1cm hook - I ran out of yarn halfway so I joined in some grey that I had in my wool stash.

This one is also about 15cm wide and 50cm long and made using single chain stitch.

I love the grey spun baubles which are tightly twisted into the pumpkins and purples of this yarn...

My sister modelling her new scarf...

You may be wondering what my other projects are that are on my to finish list? Well, a number of them are knitting projects.
  • Jumper knitted using blue/green variegated wool (knitted and unraveled twice so far)
  • Jumper knitted using raspberry / chocolate variegated wool (knitted and unraveled twice as well!) - I fall in love with wool and buy it without a project in mind and then find it incredibly difficult to find a pattern which suits the wool.
  • Lace scarf using 2 ply grey mohair
  • lace scarf using special NZ wool
Some of them are cooking projects:
  • Finish making Noccino (green walnut liquor)
  • Make some Lemoncello (lemon liquor)

Some are sewing projects:
  • Make a quilt - put together patchwork blocks from a Patchwork Bee I participated in (also organised by Jules from RelishAustralia)
  • Sew curtains from my handprinted fabrics for my house.
I promise Ill post updates on how I get on finishing my projects - but it may not be as regular as every Friday! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails