Tuesday 1 March 2011

Weekend Adventures


On the weekend I went to Sydney to see the Terracotta Warriors at the NSWAG exhibition. It was a fabulous show and absolutely fascinating to see. Whilst in Sydney I also squeezed in a couple of markets and found some delightful things......

Wandering around Kirrabilli I happened across a delicous chocolate store Coco Chocolate. I had been here once before and couldn't resist temptation so I dropped in to admire their beautiful displays and sample some of their chocolates.

Kept beautifully cool behind a hand painted silk blind are delectable flavours: rose geranium, pink peppercorn, dried figs in chilli chocolate are some of the unusual flavours I tasted. Yum! Its definitely worth a visit. They're stocking up for easter with some delightful variations on the egg theme. The most delightful were the light blue speckled 'Magpie Eggs'.


We then made our way to Paddington to the Magnolia Square markets which were held in the old Paddington Town Hall. It was creatively decorated throughout and I particularly loved this idea of putting together ideas in a mood board.

Paper Queen, Jo Neville created stunning interior scenes from paper throughout the market. Jo is an Australian artist who also runs Paper Couture, a stationery boutique based in Sydney.

Everything was made from paper - including the rug.

I just love the lamp!

And being a 'knit-wit' I couldn't resist taking a photo of the knitted jute. There were also crochet doilies in the same material. Such great texture! Apparently its pretty hard on your hands and its recommended to knit wearing gardening gloves :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails