Thursday 3 February 2011

Lyrebird Cushion Commission


At the Handmade Market in December last year I was approached to create a cushion with a Lyrebird design.

At first there was some confusion over the image as I was in 'screenprinting' mode and thought that I had been confused with Formosa Textiles, who screenprints lovely images of Australian birds. But we eventually worked out that the Lyrebird cushion was to be similar to a design that I had created for my friend Jules earlier in the year for my patchwork group. (below)


The cushion design includes a number of techniques: applique, hand embroidery and machine embroidery onto natural coloured linen. The back of the cushion is an olive linen to compliment and contrast the colours on the front of the cushion.

I was very happy with the end result and I have a feeling it could be the beginning of a new range. Keep your eyes out for new Lyrebird designs which may make their way to the next Handmade Market on 19 February.



2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails