Sunday 4 December 2016

The Contemporary Jewellery Exchange 2016

Earlier in the year I was selected to participate in the Contemporary Jewellery Exchange 2016. The exchange has been running for a couple of years now. It is an art project where 370 artists from all over the world were paired and asked to create a unique contemporary piece of jewellery for each other. 


Walking on Eggshells
Bone, Keralfex porcelain, sterling silver
39 x 9 x 1 cm
I was paired with Stephanie Ormon, from the UK, who also works in a diverse range of materials to create jewellery.

Bone detail
When we have completed the project we are asked to wrap it and I chose to use one of the furoshiki cloths created in the class I taught a couple of weekends ago. The recyclable wrapping cloth is made of cotton, shibori techniques are used to create the pattern with indigo dye.


I can't wait to receive my piece from Stephanie!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails