Wednesday 13 October 2010

Lake Burley Griffin Cushion Commission



I was recently asked to translate my design of Lake Burley Griffen into a black and white screenprint for a cushion by one of the customers at Shop Handmade in Canberra.

Screen printed using black ink on white linen, the original image has a lot of blank space around it so I decided to frame the print by adding a black border at the top and bottom of the same material (also linen) to match the back of the cushion.

The cushion is being delivered to Shop Handmade today. I loved the design so much that I have also made one using navy ink on a cream back ground (hemp fabric) with a border of navy blue (cotton) and matching fabric on the back which is available to buy at Shop Handmade. They retail at $90 which includes the cushion insert.

All my products are created using quality fabrics, water based fade resistant fabric print paste and are created by hand in my studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails