Monday 6 September 2010

Recycled Plastic Knitted Lamps exhibited in the Belco Bizarre Exhibition



I just happened to be in the right place at the right time to have my photo taken and interviewed about my hand knitted recycled plastic bag lace lamp by the Northside Chronicle in Canberra which was part of the Belco Bizarre exhibition, one of the many events which make up the Belconnen Arts Centre first year anniversary celebrations.

The idea to create plastic lace lampshades hand knitted from recycled plastic bags developed from my fascination of space and light and the interplay of the two. The shadows created by the lace lamp cast create a rippled pattern reminiscent of the sunlight sparkling on the lake.

I enjoy the juxtaposition of taking a discarded item and giving it value through recycling and transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails